Sunday, November 6, 2011

BONDED WITH LOVE - my baby and project that I have been working on for over a year now has gone through 3 or 4 major re-writes- has been finished. There are still little things that need to be fixed but other than that the major dilemmas have been fixed. I can't believe it. I feel like I have crossed the threshold into a new world. I can consider myself an author :) I started writing August 2010. Finished writing the story about 6mos later. Then from there finding websites that offered guidance for a newbie like me, a place that understands the writing won't be perfect and I still needed to know what agents are looking for. Plus...I can write, but from mind to pen to paper the thoughts change and the wording is incorrect so that needed to be shown to me. As I have said in a previous blog...the things I have learned...I had to go back and fix that. I took this overly descriptive story and turned it into an action packed tale.
It is about vampires, but I felt that my story has gone a certain different path. I tried not to follow the others before me, and I may write this one thing about the sexy vamps and then switch my tune to a whole new universe of crazy...we will see.
I can't remember how the story started for me- whether it be a dream or a thought- it just came to me one day and I couldn't get it out of my mind...so I wrote and wrote and wrote until the Characters decided that their story had been told.

With this I tell you all who have decided to take this route...have decided that writing is whst you want to do...then you can't give up. No matter what people say or if you feel that it's a waste of time...it's not. It is worth the time, worth the patience, and worth it for your very own belief in yourself. To have those words THE END and when you can set the pen down is very fulfilling. So write. Write every thought, every dream, even small ideas that randomly pop into your brain...then put it all together- again in THE END it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment