Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My 4* review for Switched by Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)Switched by Amanda Hocking

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was unique in the sense that I had never read anything about Trolls before. And once I found out that this author had created a whole world of them, I grabbed it off the shelf and bought it immediately. I had always thought of trolls as big ugly ones under a bridge.



It made me think of how Melissa Marr had created her whole new world of the fae in her books and I was completely enticed. I love when someone can create a community or government and bring you into it. You get the rules and regulations of something that sounds so real but is completely made up. The writing is traditional, and at times I felt like the book lacked an amount of action but found myself drawn in by the fact that They Are Trolls (or Trylle as they were called in the book).



Plus Trolls with powers which anything with a special power will grab my attention right off the bat.



Combine that with a possibility of a blossoming romance had me wanting to read until the end.



I am looking forward to the second book and hope that there is much more action to have me on the edge of my seat.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment