Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My 5* Review for Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book didn't lack a thing. It was written to perfection. The style was absolutely unique and amazed me at every page. I couldn't put it down and had it read in less than two days. The descriptions were many, and yet not over-bearing like it would in most books. I found them to fit the book beautifully and brought the story to life in a whole new way.

I wish I could give more stars!



The main character grew so much throughout the novel and in the end had become a strong individual. That is something I look forward to in every novel. To see how the main character takes on the challenges and grows from beginning to end.



Each page and each chapter had something new and crazy happening and romance that you never expected to actually come into play.



The fact that the story starts in an asylum is already extremely different. You want to know why? How? For how long? What's wrong with the main character? It takes a little while to find out the answers, but it's worth it and very sad.



The differences in their world- you never know the date or time or where they are, but you know their Earth is different than ours and it sounds awful. That the main two characters are not only fighting for their lives against a dictatorship but against a falling apart society.



Tahereh Mafi knew what she was doing when this was written and I can't wait to read more from her.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment