Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Breath by Rachel Caine



Last Breath
Morganville Vampire series book #11
by Rachel Caine

Whoa so okay I normally don't do reviews on here, but I think I might start.
And what better to start with than Last Breath, part of the Morganville Vampire series by the amazing Rachel Caine.
I absolutely love this series and have fallen head over heels in love with all of the characters. I have a thing for Myrnin- he's my guy. Kinda crazy but always there for you. Love it.
You know there are going to be some crazy shenanigans going on in this book and I couldn't wait to see what Ms. Caine had in store for us.
The book started off a bit slow- less with the action and more with learning and understanding- which is fine, but by book 11 expect to jump right into some insane drama. It still works because after all it is the 11th book-have I mentioned that already? And we've been waiting for this book for a while now- so with the slow beginning you get to bring yourself back up to speed with details from the previous books slowly creeping back into your brain, and on top of that you fall in love with the characters all over again.
Claire- the main character- is this small but very strong and intelligent female. How could you not love her?
And her big muscular but sweet boyfriend. Great duo.
And then Vampire Michael- who wins my vote for sexiest hands down! :) and his Fiance!! Goth Chick Eve- which I would love for a best friend!
These four main characters are perfect together and bring the story back to life.
So yes the beginning isn't fast paced, but it gives you the chance to get back into the swing of things- Morganville style :)
About halfway through, the action picks up and I literally sat at the edge of my seat as I read the rest of this book! I couldn't put it down! From one crazy thing to another- and new bad guys to go up against- the plot was well written, attention grabbing, and absolutely what I expected for Book #11! :)
Rachel Caine has absolutely shown me why I love reading her books all over again and let her creative mind wow me and of course craving more.
I give Last Breath by Rachel Caine 5 stars and completely recommend those who have already read the series to be sure to read this one soon! and those who haven't read the series to grab the first book Glass House and start it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment