Friday, September 23, 2011

Something Random

A cloudy day was how it would start. Don't these type of days always start like that? I thought to myself. I had to take a deep breath before I walked through the door to face the one person I had spent the last few months trying to avoid.
"Hey Nick."
"What's up?"
"Nothing. Just here to do my job."
"Figured. Right through those doors."
I nodded.
That wasn't awkward at all, I thought sarcastically. Nothing like seeing an ex at eight o'clock in the morning to make life better. On top of that I had to walk through these doors and erase the minds of two soon to be locked away inmates. They thought they were dangerous, but last night when they came face-to-face with the supernatural they became the ones in danger.
I did my job and left the way I came in, and again having to face that same face that I had dumped in May.
"All done," I said out loud to no one.
"That was fast," Nick said.
"There wasn't much going on in those guys' minds. Nothing too out of the normal." I stopped by his desk. Thinking this was an invite to sit and chat, I was wrong.
"Well, good seeing you."
A half grin plopped on my face. I turned on my heel and walked out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment